If you read the previous post, you will know that I am now back blogging here and, as I said, things just got interesting.
If you followed that link, you will have discovered one of those interesting things; Degree Press, my publishing company, now has a permanent home. I have had a website developed to sell multiple products. I already have four with more coming shortly.
One thing that readers will notice is that I only sell eBooks from that website. There are a several reasons for why this is so:
- Most of what I intend on selling will be digital. You want print? I do that for a small number of books, but I only sell those via CreateSpace and Amazon.
- Part of my business plan includes selling a significant number of shorter eBooks. If you do go over to Degree Press, you will discover that, of the four current products, three of them are less than 70 pages. That is not accidental.
- I believe that the number of people who purchase the digital versions of my books will only grow because I believe that is a trend for all books.
- Importantly, I sell the books on that website for the same price that I sell them for on Amazon, but I make more if someone buys one from there.
- Finally, I am not planning on shipping books. There are people, like CreateSpace and Amazon who do that so much better than I do.
Forthcoming are a number of new books. These include books about online schools, about alternative ways to attend college, and, one of these days, even a book on self-publishing inexpensively.
I hope that you will stay around. The plan now is to post here a couple of times a week. I believe that I have something to offer you that will speed you along your self-publishing journey.